Title: A Few Things
Fandom: Romancing SaGa 2
Characters/Pairings: Hector/Leon
Summary: Time to go, before it gets too late.
Notes: 2021, for 100fandoms, 047, 'bed'
and because


The bed was far softer than his own. Warmer. Hector knew that he could stay, but... Already, he was pushing the limit of believable evening conversation and there was no need to feed the rumor mill. He could still go get a drink.

"Hector..."

"I should go check on a few things, Your Majesty."

All he had to do was push the blankets off, find where his clothing had fallen... Hector fought the allure of sleeping right where he was and with one swift motion he was on his feet, padding over to start dressing.

"Don't work too hard." Leon chuckled and brushed his hair back with one hand before propping himself on an arm, watching Hector's every movement. It was always like this. They both understood well enough what could happen and what couldn't. Or what shouldn't, at least.

It wasn't a bad arrangement; Hector truly enjoyed his time with Lord Leon. But it couldn't be anything more. Shouldn't be.

Hector reached for his pants as Leon softly recited a couple of tasks for morning. Yes, that's what they'd been talking about, nothing more.

He nearly leaned back for another kiss but thought better of it. Instead he just made one last sweep of the room, making sure everything was as it had been.

"Goodnight, Your Majesty."

"Goodnight, Hector."

One night, Hector was sure he'd falter and stay. He took a deep breath once he was in the hallway and let himself smile. He...

"Hector?"

Gerard was standing there, a stack of books pressed to his chest.

"Don't stay up too late studying," Hector replied quickly. Good kid, Gerard, but one meant for learning, not fighting.

Gerard nodded and was off down the hall without a sound.

Hector shook his head.

He was going to go get that drink.  

 


 

Home | Fanfiction | Romancing SaGa 2