Title: Midnight Snack
Fandom: Granblue Fantasy
Characters/Pairings: Percival, Vane, Percival/Vane
Summary: A quick bite.
Notes: for No True Pair March 27th 2023, Vane & Percival in the middle of the night


There was a light on in the beach-house's little kitchen, which wasn't entirely a surprise. However, he hadn't expected its occupant to be Percival, reading through a thin book and seemingly making a few notes on loose sheets of paper.

"This is what happens when you stay in bed all day," Vane said with a smile as he circled around. "Working on anything interesting?"

"Interesting to me," Percival replied. "And you're also awake, in case you hadn't noticed."

Vane laughed. "I don't think any of us are quite on Auguste's schedule yet. I was going to make a snack. Do want anything?"

"Mm."

That was probably as close to an answer as Vane was going to get, so he ambled over to see what he could make with the leftovers from the day. Something simple, but tasty, but nothing too heavy... Bit of a tall request with what they'd bought on their first quick trip through the street markets, but Vane had ideas.

He quietly got to work as Percival kept scratching notes. It was only as he was finishing up and dividing everything onto two plates did Vane realize what Percival was working on.

"Is that our schedule for the week? That's one of those brochures you were handed, right?"

"It's a list of events we might find interesting or have components we could find useful," Percival replied.

"So you're leaving in some fun and free time, right?"

"As if I'd have a choice." Percival looked up at Vane with an expression that said it all. They'd been to Auguste before and even if Percival couldn't completely relax, he seemed to be trying. "Besides, it's not a schedule, just a list."

"Oh? What's on it, anyway? And, Percy, here-" Instead of waiting for Percival to shuffle everything out of the way, he set his own plate down and grabbed a small, topped cracker from the other plate and held it out.

Percival stared at it, and him, and then sighed and leaned, taking it with one bite, his lips on Vane's fingers for just a moment.

Vane blinked, a little surprised. He- He honestly hadn't expected Percival to take it without comment.

"Let me get this out of the way," Percival said once he'd chewed and swallowed. The notes and brochure were quickly set aside to make room for the plate. "Unless you enjoyed that."

Vane was still holding the plate. He shrugged. He kind of had, and he was a little curious what might happen once their plates were empty. Maybe Percival would still be hungry.

It was only the middle of the night.

 

 


 

Home | Fanfiction | Granblue Fantasy